Activate Your Inner Magic
The fall is a great time to renew, reboot and revitalize your health.
Instead of crazy fad diets and an “all or nothing” approach to health, consider making your wellness journey about simple steps and daily rituals. This makes for long-lasting sustainable results.
Below are three easy things to help you feel revitalized today:
1. Lay the foundation. Having a good plan and being prepared each day is essential to optimum health. A powerful breakfast made up of protein, healthy fat, and fiber is an excellent way to help control blood sugar, reduce insulin levels and keep your energy up for hours. Try a matcha beauty smoothie or plant-based yogurt with berries, cinnamon and sprouted walnuts for a delicious morning treat.
2. Add in healing supplements. As we hit our 40’s and beyond, our bodies may be working at a less-than-optimal range. To boost your cellular performance, consider adding in a high-quality multivitamin, probiotic and vitamin D3. You also may want to include chromium, alpha lipoic acid and magnesium if you desire to lose weight, manage your blood sugar and get a better night’s sleep. To be sure you are getting what is stated on the bottle, look for GMP on the label, which stands for - good manufacturing practice.
3. Sip a toning tonic. Here’s what’s helping me stay happy, calm and energized - adaptogens! Although they’ve been around for over 5,000 years and used in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine - adaptogens and tonic herbs are the hot new thing when it comes to upping your wellness and healing your adrenals. And companies like Sun Potion, Navitas and Moon Juice are making it much easier for us all to get them and add them into our lives. Adaptogens create balance in the body by regulating stress response hormones (cortisol!) and provide fast, tangible results in increasing energy, boosting immunity and reducing stress. Some of my favorite adaptogens are Ashwagandha, Reishi, Maca and Holy Basil. Simply add into smoothies, lattes and teas – or try my recipe below.
Marlyn’s Inner Peace Tonic:
• 1 cup of Tulsi Holy Basil tea, warm
• 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk
• 1 tsp of coconut oil
• 1-2 tsp of raw cacao
• 1/2 tsp Ashwagandha (optional)
• 1/2 tsp Reishi powder (optional)
• cinnamon to taste
• tad of raw honey, coconut sugar or stevia
Make the tea and let sit for about 5 minutes. Heat the milk, if you choose. Place all ingredients, including tea and milk in a high speed blender until blended and frothy, about 30 seconds. Pour into your favorite mug.