Eat for Glowing, Ageless Beauty
“It's the simple things we do each day that create the big results we crave.”
What does a beautiful ageless woman look like?
It starts with glowing skin, a radiant smile, a skip in their step, and a body and mind that says YES I CAN!
It's also very much about a feeling - one of peace, joy, confidence and passion.
To create an ageless beauty lifestyle we start with food.
Food is the gateway to health.
Every bite of food you eat is either adding to your health or depleting it. If your cells are happy and getting the proper nourishment they need, your beauty is going to shine through and radiate to the outside world.
Eating for an ageless beauty lifestyle is not about deprivation. It's about delicious vibrant, colorful, foods that nourish your cells, heal your body and cleanse your blood.
When it comes to your daily eating, no one size fits all.
To help guide you further onto the path of wellness, I created a simple plan, called the ACE plan.
Add in, Crowd Out, Elevate Up.
Here are a few things to consider each day.
1. Add in omega 3 rich foods, an array of colorful antioxidant-filled plants and lots of healthy fiber for gorgeous glowing skin, a beautiful body and a slimmer feel. Think wild salmon, walnuts, sprouted almonds and ground flax seeds. Omega 3’s support cellular health, antioxidants support the mitochondria and energy, and the fiber helps keep you fuller longer - so less of a chance of over-eating.
2. Crowd out the chemicals, fake foods and refined sugars for greater energy, increased endurance and reduced inflammation. Over time these things may lead to damaging your cells and your health. Also, instead of consuming sweet chemical-laden drinks sip cleaner versions instead. Try vodka with a splash of sparkling water and lots of fresh squeezed lemon or lime for a vitamin c beauty pump, or create your own delicious antioxidant spritzer with a splash of pomegranate juice, chia seeds, and fresh mint.
3. Elevate up your choices for a healthier happier body and mind. When baking, swap out refined white sugar for coconut sugar loaded with beauty-boosting B vitamins. If you love your morning Joe, as I do, switch out your regular coffee for an organic blend and add in some cinnamon for a sweet, blood sugar balancing boost. If cookies are your thing (and who doesn’t love an awesome chocolate chip cookie) try making your own with better ingredients like almond flour, coconut oil and dark chocolate chips or check out an organic bakery or your local farmers market for some wholesome delectable healthier treats.
Marlyn’s Matcha Beauty Smoothie
This smoothie is loaded with simple ingredients that help boost your beauty, better your breast health, increase your energy and heighten your focus. It's easy to make and incredibly delicious.
• 8oz of unsweetened almond milk (or another plant-based blend)
• 1 tsp. of matcha green tea powder
• 1/2 cup of frozen banana or berries of choice
• 1-2 tsp of MCT or coconut oil
• dash of cinnamon to taste
• 2-3 ice cubes (for extra cold, creaminess)
• 1 scoop of vanilla plant-based protein powder.
• 1 tsp. YIN powder by Sun Potion
Blend all ingredients in high-speed blender.